I am pretty slow but we keep about 20mph average pace and i just have trouble holding on on the hills.
Yesterday went much better. I don't know if it is because i have been riding to work or if it is pushing myself much harder when running lately.
So here are the highlights
- Stayed with the group for the first 15 miles, really pushed up the hills hard and fast
- Enjoyed the cooler weather (62F) and enjoyed the ride but stayed focused keeping with the group even when it hurt
- Kept a close eye on my HR knowing it was OK to keep it at 130-140HR for 10-15 min stretches
- Had been riding my mountain bike hard all week so the road bike felt super fast
- Didn't chat too much with riders as i really had to focus
I looked back and i stayed way ahead! With about 3 miles to go they managed to reel me back in but i was fine with that. I stayed in the pelton the rest of the way.
Now don't get me wrong. For them it is a recovery ride and an easy day staying at 23mph. For me its all challenge.I sweat, i huff and puff but i kept up!
Oh i forgot to post August numbers:
Bike: 23h 35m - 389 Mi
Run: 11h 25m - 58.38 Mi
Swim: 2h 50m - 5950 Yd
Strength: 1h 25m