Monday, October 4, 2010

Enjoying the now!

Often on a weight loss journey it is hard to remember why you are doing it. Well thinking back to when i began in 2007 i desperately wanted to be there for my daughters. They were 5 and 7 at the time. They were so full of energy and life and i could barely move.
Denial is huge when your 440LBS. You pretend your problems are not as big as they really are. But raising, playing with and walking my daughters down the isle to get married was not easy to ignore the fact my chances for doing this were getting very slim (no pun intended). The road ahead looked so daunting. I used food to cope with everything. Stress, happiness, sadness, anxiety, boredom and the list goes on and on. There was no way i could look ahead and say...OK i need to lose 200 pounds. I had to take it one day at a time.

Now 3 years later in between watching what i eat, making sure i get enough exercise and making sure i do not fall back in old habits its easy to forget why i did it all.

Well a few days ago i tool Emily out to go mountain biking again. I would have never been able to do this 3 years ago. I really don't know what it  means to her when we do things like this together and i probably never will. Secretly i am hoping as she grows up and becomes her own person and a grown up she will look back at rides like this fondly.

I took a few pictures to capture it. She loves loves loves to ride her bike.


Here we are riding across the bridge on the trail.

 Out in the woods
 This is downtown Manitowoc WI
 I always make her wear her helmet
 Out on the gravel pathway
 Speedy Emily
Another riding in the woods, This trail is about 6 miles long and she is only too happy to ride the whole thing.

It is so easy for me to get caught up in losing my next 5 pounds or working on placing in my age group in the text race. But this is what it is all about!

Love you Emily!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. It is easy to get caught up in our work out routines and not make time for fun rides. Hopefully you always wear your helmet too!

    ReplyDelete