Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello There!

Ouch
Well i have been busy getting myself injured again! At the end of January i managed to take a spill and twist my knee with a very loud popping noise.
I was rollerblading at the roller rink with my daughters this time. I could only just walk and i hurried off with the look of shame on me. As usual i was pushing myself faster than i should really go.
After 2 weeks it was not feeling any better so i went to the amazing Sports doctor i have found. She felt around my knee and took some xrays and i have something called a torn MCL.
So no running, boot camp or cycling for a while! Well since then i have got to 75% better and have done about 3 runs of 2 miles. I have to go really slow, 12min miles or 5.0mph on the treadmill of i get too much pain. I have no clue how this will effect what i will be doing this year but i will let you know.

Citizenship
My 10 year old green card is up for renewal this year. The cost? approx $500. So instead i decided to become an American Citizen! I will still hold my British citizenship as well. It cost $680 to apply and get my citizenship. I have to take a Civics test which involves 100 questions of which they will ask me 10 and i have to get 6 correct. Because of the cost this year i have had to scale back some of the events i normally do.
I will be doing some part time work again for the company here that puts on some of the Triathlons so i can get some free entries. I have submitted all the paper work and money and now i have to wait for my interview and test date! So i will let you know how that goes. Dual Citizenship.. doesn't that sound Cosmopolitan!


The photo? that is of my cycling team this summer. I am def the slowest of them all but i don't care!










4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the injury. Awesome you are becoming a citizen and dual citizenship sounds intriguing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, so sorry to hear about your knee. I've torn my ACL, MCL, and meniscus and it's no fun. Thankfully the MCL is a blood flowing ligament and will heal itself so you will be good as new as long as you take it easy! :)

    Very cool to hear about the dual citizenship! Some years with fewer races isn't a bad thing, it's life. And hey, free entries? AWESOME!

    Glad to have you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Injury is the worst and important era for a triathlete, in this situation he has to be at his best on his mental fitness, it is the only way of get rid of Injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Jon, just checking in on you. What have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete